Saturday, February 21, 2009

Question about Mr. Linky (Blog Party)

Mr. Linky is a 'thingy' that enables others to put links of their blog post all on one blog.  So the week of the party, your link will be on my page and others can access your blog.

An example of what it looks like can be found here.  Page down and you will see many different people linked to this one blog.  You can click on any of them and it directly takes you to their blog.  Go check it out. You will see the Mr. Linky box just like the one that will be on my blog.

A couple of thoughts:

The sooner you put an invititation post (where you invite others to join in the party) on your blog, along with the party button on your sidebar,  the more people will read about the party.  Therefore  more traffic for the party.  The hope is to reach many women and get your blog noticed so we can continue to encourage more women.   

The post you need to write for the party is what I call your intro/party post.  It is the one where you let us know who you are and what your blog is about.  This is the post that will be linked up to Mr. Linky.  So when others click your link, they will go directly to your blog and be on your intro/party post.  They then, hopefully, will check out your blog, maybe become a follower or save you in their favorites.  

Remember that we will be having a prize giveaway that is quite lovely.  Mention this in your invitation post.  When they click the party button on your site they will be directed to the explanation of the party.  Hopefully they will join in too and invite their readers.

Please, oh please ask me questions if you do not understand.  I am not sure if I am explaining it clearly.  Thank you so much for being a part of this.

1 comment:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

You are more than welcome to use anything you would like from my blog. I put followers gadget on my sidebar. I am looking forward to a week of partying with titus 2 ladies and I am praying that many will take part in this event.

I have to tell you I am so silly, I just posted this on my own comment section...LOL! I copied and pasted it over here. Are you sure you still want me :)